Monday, January 7, 2013

Science Experiments

This is the aftermath of an in-class science experiment I did with my fourth grade students during my Junior Field Experience. We tested the buoyancy of several objects within the classroom. We used fake pennies, fake dimes, toothpicks, and many other objects. The students were asked to make predictions before an item was tested; they really enjoyed this experiment.

This is a science experiment conducted in my Teaching Science course. I re-did this experiment on two separate occasions: first, in my Elementary Curriculum course and secondly, during my Junior Field Experience with fourth graders. The students were completely amazed by this experiment. We used milk, food coloring, and dish washing liquid to show how dish washing liquid separates particles and cleans our dishes.
This is a science experiment conducted in my Teaching Science course. I re-did this experiment during my Junior Field Experience with fourth graders. The students absolutely loved this experiment! We used oil, water, and food coloring. First, I had each student write down their predictions on the outcome of mixing water and oil. Many students said that it would mix while a few disagreed. Each student had their own cup and we did this experiment step by step. I heard a unified whoa when we added the food coloring to the oil and water mixture. I had the students describe what happened and record it in their notebooks. From then on, I'm sure they'll remember that oil and water do not mix and why food coloring will be in it's particular position between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment